Friday, March 25, 2011

Inspiration Board #9: Art Nouveau Elegance

I bought my first Alphonse Mucha print in college and have been hooked ever since. I could probably do eight of these boards using different color palettes. Something about the pure, organic lines, the sexy, undulating curve, the effortless elegance of nature inspiring objects of art is so gorgeously realized in a wedding theme.



Mood: Ultimate elegance and whimsy at a high society affair.

Color Palette: dusty blue, bottle-glass green, antique rose, champagne

Artifacts of Inspiration: Alphonse Mucha, absinthe, turn of the century, the S curve

The Deets, Credits, and Maybe Where to Buy Them:

Bouquet by Brookelyn Photography via Green Wedding Shoes, Art Nouveau Invitation by Etsy Seller OldPaperAndPrints, Edwardian Jacket by Kilkenny Formal, Chiavari Chair and Cover by Melissa Jill Photography via BZEvents, Double Peacock Feather Necklace by Etsy Seller sparklyshoes, Jenny Packham "Fontaine" Dress via Wedding Inspirasi, Calla Lilies Centerpiece via The Dessy Group, Gold Birdcage by Heartistic Photo via Southern Weddings, Absinthe Favor by Lilia Photography via Elizabeth Anne Designs, Art Nouveau Wedding Cake via Martha Stewart Weddings, Art Nouveau Staircase via Belle Maison Interior Design, Bridal Crown by Twigs and Honey

A Little Something Extra:

I also adore the dress below and had to post it! I heart Romantic Threads and am currently trying to figure out a party formal enough for me to show up in full Victorian steampunk regalia. You can find this little number on sale for $175 here.


No comments:

Post a Comment