Monday, March 7, 2011

Vintage Spanish Inspiration Board

Originally, the fiance and I planned on getting married on a ranch in the San Luis Obispo area. I surfed the interwebz high seas, googling every variation of "San Luis Obispo/SLO county/every town surrounding ranch/barn/farm wedding/venue/events" to no avail. Too expensive, too remote, too small a capacity--and what? No hard alcohol?! Yet I was convinced I was going to make it work, and I have a bookmark folder full of mason jar pictures to prove it. Fast forward four months and we're looking at an old adobe in Santa Barbara. Que sera, sera! I heart vintage and now I've moved it from country sweet to SoCal spicy. On to the fiesta!

Vintage Spanish Inspiration Board



Mood: Sipping sangria while rummaging through your Spanish grandmother's hope chest

Color Palette: Sandy neutrals, ivory, washed-out terra cotta, dusty teal, blush pinks

Artifacts of Inspiration: Isabel Allende, succulents, California with a rolled "R", Spanish lace, Buena Vista Social Club (I know it's Cuban music. Just play along.), papeles picados

The Inspiration Deets, Credits, and Maybe Where to Find Them:

Papeles PicadosHorchata,Succulent CenterpiecesChurros y ChocolateLace Luminary BagsDulce FavorsRose Hairpiece from EtsyPretty TileSucculent BouquetMexican DoorsMuy Bonita Bridesmaid Dresses

Link Shout-outs:

The siempre fabuloso www.greenweddingshoes.com with an excellent tutorial on how to DIY papeles picados here.
I want to put this wedding in my pocket and and look at it when I'm sad. It's like the above inspiration board, but real life and cooler. Beautiful photos from globetrotterdiaries.com.
A muy excelente breadown of how to do "Amor by the Shore" on the cheap from Project Wedding here.
That kickass tile? You can find personalized ones for placecards at http://latinwed.blogspot.com/2009/11/tile-placecards.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment